Information provided by Fundación Jesús Serra is already accessible to all people, including those who have disabilities.
The online portal of Fundación Jesús Serra has been programmed with the most advanced accessibility techniques and guidelines around the world, making it possible for all kinds of users to browse the site.
The key features include notably:
- Clarification of the destination of links and hyperlinks.
- Heirarchising content.
- Technical aids when reading data tables.
- Breakdown display of the website's components.
- Correct site degradation without style sheets.
- Intermediate level (AA) conformance with the W3C's (World Wide Web Consortium) WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) Standard. Accessible Content Guidelines on Web 1.0 and 2.0
- The presentation is based on the Recommendation of the W3C on Cascading Style Sheets, Level 2 (CSS2).
- The recommended standard has been employed by using HTML code, verifying the XHTML1.0 Transitional recommendations.
Heirarchising data / Headers
Pages are structured with headers, heirarchising contents and facilitating their understanding.
If the user accesses the portal through a browser that does not support CSS, the structural markup allows for all the content to be viewed correctly.
Data tables have header identifiers and other technical aids to facilitate interpretation of data by screen readers: Tag thread, tbody, th, td, and ID attributes for identifying headers.