Jesús Serra Research Awards 4th edition
The Fundación Jesús Serra Research Awards are an initiative of the Foundation, part of Grupo Catalana Occidente, which was created in 1998 with the aim of channelling the Group’s sponsorship and patronage activities.
• The awards support and acknowledge the success of researchers in Spain in the fields of basic, clinical, epidemiological and technological research, contributing to the development and dissemination of work that achieves major advances in the field of food and nutrition, with an impact on people’s health.
• Candidates must be researchers who have not reached the age of 46 on the closing date of this call, April 1, 2022, may be Spanish or foreigners who have spent at least three years, endorsed by their project managers or recognised professionals of good standing. The financial prize is €70,000 gross, divided between the two categories, basic and clinical, i.e. €35,000 each.
• Nutrition and food are the cornerstones of good health and contribute to physical, emotional and social well-being.
• Many studies confirm the impact that lifestyles and eating habits can have on preventing diseases and conditions such as coronary heart disease, high cholesterol, diabetes, cancer and obesity.
• The Mediterranean diet, a major factor in preventing chronic disease, has contributed to making Spain one of the best-positioned countries to carry out studies on how nutrition helps to prevent disease and promotes healthy ageing.
• Applications are open from 17 January to 1 April 2022, in Spanish or in English, through the website.The winners will be announced on the website during May 2022.
• The jury of the Research Awards is formed of prestigious professionals in the fields of medicine and biology from leading national and international research centres.