Fundación Jesús Serra Research Awards Rules
The Fundación Jesús Serra Research Awards recognise the excellence and the level of research carried out by researchers in the fields of food and nutrition, and how the impact health, in basic, clinical, epidemiological and technological research.
Two categories recognize the career and current project of researchers:
1. Basic research
2. Clinical research
• The total prize will be €70,000, which is equally divided between the two categories: basic and clinical (€35,000 each).
• Aimed at researchers under 45 years old, either Spanish or who have spent a minimum of three years working on research in Spain.
• Candidates shall be nominated by their Project managers or relevant persons linked to universities, hospital sor research centers in Spain.
• Completion and presentation of applications must be done in Spanish or English, and must be submitted through the website investigacionfjs.com.
• Due to the health emergency caused by COVID19, Fundación Jesús Serra has postponed this year’s edition of the Research Awards until 2021. Applications must be completed and submitted between 11 January and 7 April 2021 (both dates inclusive).
• The jury is comprised of five professionals with recognised prestige in the field of medicine and biology from major national and international research centres.
• The jury’s decision will be announced on the website investigacionfjs.com in April 2019.