On Thursday 7 October, Madrid will play host to the grand pianos that we will make available to all those who wish to play them.
It will be a day in Madrid where everybody will have the chance to enjoy the activity that our founder, Jesús Serra Santamans was so passionate about: improvising piano melodies to the delight of those that, without venturing to play, are willing to listen. This initiative is part of the 66th edition of the Maria Canals International Music Competition, which will take place in March.
The original idea of placing grand pianos in central areas so anybody who wishes can play them was put into practice by the Maria Canals International Music Competition a few years ago and was first carried out in Madrid in 2012 with our support, and thanks to its extraordinary reception, this idea has spread out to other towns and cities.
7 October 2021
From 11:00 until 20:00
1. Entrance to Real Botánico/Puerta Murillo
2. Junction of Sevilla Alcala (Four Seasons)
3. Plaza de Canalejas (Four Seasons)
4. Plaza de Cortes
5. Plaza de Las Letras (next to old Medialab)
6. Real Conservatorio, Plaza Juan Goytisolo
7. Plaza Santa Ana: Teatro Español
8. Plaza Santa Ana: Monument to Calderón
9. The Lope De Vega House Museum
10. Palace Hotel façade
The day's highlights can be shared on social media through photos, videos and messages with the hashtag #PianosMadrid.
*Locations may be subject to changes as indicated by the competent authorities.